Membership on the COTRM Ministry Team is by invitation only. It is the heart of the leadership to release as many people into the various ministries of COTRM as possible. However, for the protection of the people of COTRM, a certain level of demonstrated spiritual maturity, spiritual gifting, and accountability are required for team members. All team members are approved by the Elders and the Ministry Team leader.
Requirements for new Team Members:
1. Each new team member will be on a six month probation to see how they work in a ministry setting and how they work with and relate to other team members. At the discretion of the Ministry Team Leader they can be asked to step down at any time during this period of time.
2. Each new team member will be assigned to an exisiting team member for their six-month probationary period. They will not be allowed to give any prophetic words apart from the team member they are partnered with or a Pastor or Elder. This includes words given at COTRM as well as offsite.
3. Each new team member must do the following during their first three months on the team ...
- Listen to Pastor Tony's CD on Prophetic Ministry at COTRM
- Read the handout with Pastor Tony's CD
- Read the book Under Cover by John Bevere
- Read the book Needless Casualties of War by John Paul Jackson
- The new team member will provide a 1/2 page summary on each of the above three resources to the Ministry Team Leader describing what God spoke to them personally as they reviewed the material.
4. Each new team member will sign a release form allowing COTRM to perform a National Background Check on them.
Requirements for all Team Members:
1. Household must be in godly order
2. Demonstrated spiritual gifting
3. Demonstrated spiritual maturity and godly character
4. Currently part of a COTRM relational group
5. Commitment to attend Ministry Team meetings
6. Availability to minister at corporate services
7. Each Ministry Team member must serve at least one hour per week in the Watchman Ministry or a Corporate Prayer Meeting
8. Adhere to appropriate dress code for ministry … Modest, neat, business casual (NO jeans, tee shirts, short skirts, shorts, or low cut blouses)
9. A commitment to the principles of membership found in the New Members Class and listed below ...
- be born-again (John 3:31)
- be water baptized (Acts 2:38)
- be filled with and baptized in the Holy Spirit (Acts 19:1-6)
- be in agreement with essential beliefs at COTRM (Amos 3:3)
- be committed to financially support COTRM in a Biblical fashion (2 Corinthians 9:6-11)
- be committed to being part of a small relational group (Acts 2:24)
- be committed to attendance at our regular corporate gatherings (Hebrews 10:25)
- be committed to Christian service (1 Peter 4:10)
- complete the New Members Class (2 Cor. 8:11)